Thursday, October 1, 2015

Franchie Says Relax

"I let myself get tabbed as a dilettante, a fellow who was just in pictures for the fun of it. Hollywood takes itself seriously, doesn't understand the light touch in connection with a career. The biggest stars in town never have a frivolous thought, never take time out to enjoy a laugh at themselves.
Maybe I was born with a perverse streak, but I like to sit on the sidelines occasionally and get some amusement out of watching my fellow creatures. I work hard enough when I work and I like to loaf on the grand scale when I loaf."

Source: Underhill, Duncan. "Franchot Tone's Advice to His Bride." Hollywood. Jan-Dec 1942. 30, 37.

*Personal note: When I was coming up with a title for this post, I thought of those Frankie Says Relax t-shirts and couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment